Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lab 15: Improving Teaching Skills: Presenting An Introductory Activity

1. Reflect upon your lab teaching experience. Describe your teaching strengths and weaknesses for teaching in this lab.

Overall, I think I did a fairly good job in my volleying lesson. I feel that my biggest strength was my hook and props, by bringing in sunglasses and telling students for class we were pretending we were on vacation at the beach I think elementary aged students would really enjoy that. As far as weaknesses go I think I scrambled a little bit trying to fit all my activities into an 8 minute lesson plan. Next time I think I would just pick 2 or 3 activities and just let the students get the most out of those activities instead of rushing.

2. Identify one of your most effective teachers. What teaching behaviors did you admire most in the way he/she taught?

My 10th grade physics teacher was one of my most effective. I admired that he truely cared and had passion for teaching. He didn't choose the education field for the money, he chose it because he loved learning and saw the value in getting a quality education.

3. What goals will you set for yourself as you prepare to teach in the Education 300 Field Experience?

In my field experience I want to have fun with my activities and get really into them. By showing enthusiasm and having fun I think it will trickle down to the students attitudes towards physical education as well. Not only do I want my classes to be fun but I want them to hold some educational weight as well.


1 comment:

  1. I loved the sunglasses!
    you are turning into a reflective teacher. Great goals!

    ReplyDelete