Wednesday, January 18, 2012

First Post in EDU 355!

My name is Shane Jones, I am a Junior Physical Education major here at SUNY Cortland. I am from the small town of Hudson Falls at the southern tip of the Adirondacks about 15 minutes from Lake George. I am really into the intramural sports here at school such as flag football and broomball. I also really enjoy being outdoors. Some of my favorite outdoor activities include hiking, kayaking, fishing, and playing kanjam. In the past I have worked as a Summer Youth Camp counselor for the Glens Falls Recreation Department and I've also had experience working with elementary aged children during my EDU 201 Field Experience at St. Mary's School here in Cortland, NY. My expectations for this class is to improve my planning and teaching skills and become a more well-rounded teacher candidate.

3 comments: