Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lab D: Dance Dance Revolution






I had a lot of fun doing this lab. At first it was a challenge trying to come up with ideas for activities because I always thought of Dance Dance Revolution as just a game but then once I got going with it I realized how awesome of an educational tool this is for a physical education classroom. Not only is it a great cardiovascular workout but it also requires balance and reaction time which is what I focused my lesson plan around. I thought it was easier teaching for a longer period of time because I wasn't constantly checking the time and rushing my activities. It really allowed for the students to get a lot of time on the mats to be moving around and that's what Phys Ed is all about. I really thought this was my best teaching experience throughout this semester. I thought that I did a good job with progressions by doing partners/crab walk position/easy/hard songs. Next time I think I could do a better job with teaching by invitation and I think I could've done a better job with incorporating the educational lesson (nutritional fiber). For this lab I went with the practice teaching style which allowed for more activity time for the students and less instruction from me, this is a great method to use because students just want to play. At the same time at the end of each activity I would ask a question or two about the importance of what we focused on or what the cues we were paying attention to while doing the activity.


No comments:

Post a Comment